Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default How do I prevent Word from adding target="_BLANK" to half my links

I have 4 documents all created in Word 2000. All four contain the sentence,
"If the video does not play, please download Shockwave." Here, "Shockwave" is
a link to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/. I opened each document in
Word 2003 and saved it as a web page (filtered). In two of the four
documents, the HTML source for the link reads:

a href="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/"Shockwave/a.

In the other two documents, it reads:

a href="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/"
target="_BLANK"Shockwave/a.

When I ask to edit these hyperlinks in Word 2003, they all look identical to
me. Specifically, the target frame for all four is set to "Page default
(none)."

What else can I look at to try to figure out why the links are coming out
differently from each other?

(I need to do a little post-processing on these links to make them run some
javascript. The javascript does not work if the links include target=_blank.
So I want Word not to put it there in the first place.)

Thanks!
--
Barbara Hill