Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default quotation marks don't appear unless i hit the space bar!

You have enabled an international keyboard layout. Change it in Windows
Control Panel.

"charlotte" wrote in message
I have a glitch i can't work out in Word 2007. Very often - I can't work
out
any pattern to when this happens - if I type either single or double
quotation marks they won't appear unless I type a space after them. If I
don't include the space, the following letter looks to have an accent of
some
kind, e.g.: Á instead of "A .

Can anybody tell me how to fix this? It's extremely frustrating!