Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
El Greco[_2_] El Greco[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Label Mail Merge Suppression Issue

Is there no way of utilising the Mail Mere Wizard to do this? I've never used
the If formulas to do a mail merge and it's confusing me bigtime - sorry.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use an If...then...Else field construction to test for the existence of data
in the field that may be empty. For the true result, have it insert that
merge field, followed by a carriage return and then the next merge field.
For the negative result, have it insert the next merge field

{ IF { MERGEFIELD field1 } "" "{ MERGEFIELD field1 } [Enter]
{ MERGEFIELD field2 }" "{ MERGEFIELD field2 }" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt+F9
to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"El Greco" El wrote in message
I am trying to create a mail merge document for labels. My spereadsheet
includes number of fields some with blank cells. In Word 2003 the blank
fields were supressed. In Word 2007 the appear as blank lines.

Is there anyway to fix this? I want to use the Mail Merge Wizard....i've
tried using the Address Block (which does suppress the blank fields) BUT
the
structure isn't right for me as i want the persons name on the first line
and
then the compnay.