Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I make Word stay open when I close my one open document?

In Word 2003, the last document has two X buttons, one for the document and
one for the application, so I imagine you're talking about Word 2007. You
can use Office Button | Close or Ctrl+W, or you can add a Close button to
the QAT.

http://word.mvps.org

"lauren38" wrote in message
When I only have one word document open, then go and close it, the whole
Word
program closes. Is there a setting to make Word remain open, even if no
documents are open?