Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sharris

Default In Word, how can I automatically insert a comma between numbers?

When I am typing a document in Word (let's say a letter) and I type numbers
with a comma such as 1,158, I use the number pad but have to go over to the
letter pad for the comma. There should be a comma in the number pad. Is there
any way to format with auto correct with the numbers being unknown, to always
insert a comma after every number that is followed by three numbers
(1,111,111 or 1,158)? Or is there some other way that I don't know about,
such as automatically invoking a macro?