Jessy

Default Styles in Word 2003

Im using Word 2003 SP1.

I have created styles for use in my normal.dot (template). When I open
someones document, their styles are automatically imported in with their
document. How do I prevent Word from doing this (so that I can use my styles
in their document and so that their styles dont override mine €“ cause there
are instances when the style name is the same).

For example: My coworker has numbering/bulleting styles which arent
working correctly on her machine. I tried opening her file on my computer
and applying my numbering/bulleting styles (which normally work correctly),
but all of a sudden WITHIN HER FILE, my numbering/bulleting styles dont work
right. When I create a new blank document, however, the styles work
perfectly.

So how would I either go about locking down the style import feature or
stripping her document of the styles she used (without having to clear all
the formatting). I tried selecting the entire document and pasting it into a
new blank document, but this did not work. I tried selecting parts of the
document and pasting it into a new blank document, but again, it didnt work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jessy