Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Insert/Reference/Footnote does not open dialog box

Thanks for the bits of feedback...

Peter Jamieson
"Christina Garcia" wrote in
message ...
I wanted to add that the Ctrl+Word launch was Cindy M.'s (a community MVP)
suggestion.

"Christina Garcia" wrote:

Hi Peter, thanks for responding. Your suggestion is correct. Both (1)
Insert/Reference Footnote or; (2) selecting note options in the footnote
pane's shortcut pane opens the Footnote and Endnote dialog box.

However, because of the extensive customizations in our Word environment,
neither of these two Word native options are available to us.

Opening Word in safe mode (Ctrl + launch Word) bypassed all
customizations
allowing for the endnote modifications to be made. We saved the document
locally, opened it in customized Word and saved it to our DM program.

I'm new to this community and the level of professional enthusiasm to
help
the hapless is the best I've ever experienced. Thank you again for your
time
and efforts to help us out.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I don't know what has happened, but try the following:
a. select one of the footnote/endnote markers in the footnote/endnote
area
(i.e., not in the main body of the document)
b. right click
c. choose Note Options

Peter Jamieson
"Christina Garcia" Christina wrote
in
message ...
I have a Word 2003 doc. When you select Insert/Reference/Footnote...
it
adds
the footnote instead of opening the Footnote and Endnote Dialag box.
need
to change the endnote numbering style from "i" to "1". Thanks