Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default grammer checks

As computers get more powerful, grammar checkers become more ever able to
recognise the nuances of the language. They haven't yet got good enough (or,
at least, Word's one hasn't) to identify this particular problem, which is
grammatically correct, if utterly meaningless. Grammar checkers are aids in
producing documents, not substitutes for proof-reading and they cannot be
completely relied upon.

I have not ever investigated other grammar checkers, if any exist, so cannot
comment on what might be available. I would suggest you first invest in a
spelling checker.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"jkjmwilliams" wrote in message
If I type in Bob it a good guy, Word does not catch this grammer mistake.
(Should be "is" instead of "it") Do I have my settings wrong? Is there a
more
powerful grammer tool?

JoAnn