Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex[_4_] Alex[_4_] is offline

Default Word Outlining Issues

On 10-Nov-2009, "Stefan Blom" wrote:

The key is to make use of styles when you number paragraphs in Word. For
single-level numbering, you can use the built-in List Number style (which
you can modify as desired). For outline numbering, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

Thanks for the reply, and the link.

I have been using styles, but still have problems with them fighting what I
want to do. Both with formatting and numbering.

It seems to me that it should not be this hard, but then the documents I am
editing are 10 years old and have been edited many times. (This could be
part of my problem.)

The site referenced above has a few things I did not try, and has links to
more info. I'll read and digest all that, and see how that works.

Thanks again for the help.

-alex