Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can we customize font size so at Doc. open its a different siz

On Nov 16, 2:59*pm, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:
It is not unusual to have to assume that an OP may not actually have
enough knowledge to frame the right question, that is, that the
question, as stated, may not represent the actual question or *problem,
and the solution may lie elsewhere than in an answer to the
exact question asked.

No. *Though it is unusual, rude and offensive to publically bet that an OP
is a fumble fingered moron who inadvertenly presses CTRL+h when they post
asking why pressing CTRL+Home brings up the Find dialog. *That instance,
like this one, makes it clear that often Mr. Daniels thinks he knows far
more than what he actually does know.

Wow, this time we get a double-header -- not only does he harp on a
matter from some other thread from some time ago, but he also
pontificates on something he knows nothing about -- and I know a
little about: namely, the psychology of typing. Though if he actually
gave the process of typing a moment's thought, he might actually
realize that typing is to some extent carried out non-consciously, by
the autonomous nervous system (like piano playing) -- there is simply
not enough time, given the rate of transmission of neural impulses
from brain to muscles, for the typing of each separate character (or
the playing of each note) to be a consciously controlled action
subject to the individual's volition. _Thinking_ something like "type
Home!" gets translated into, literally, typing h(-o-m-e) rather than
the more arcane "Home" key. Doubtless he'll come back with some smart-
ass remark about "gedorkian" academics. Well, If that's what he needs
to make himself feel superior, fine.

Your argument points to a dogged determination to defend Mr. Daniels. * Mine
is to suggest that if he doesn't know the correct answer then it is ok to
leave it to those who do and to suggest that he check his opinions and
assumptions about how Word works before posting them as statements of fact.