Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbuchanan[_2_] dbuchanan[_2_] is offline

Default Outline View's limited column width

This appears like a big lack of forethought. Word's Outline View is touted as
ideal view for laying out thoughts for a document, but the usable column
width is only about 6.5 inches. My usable screen width four times that at
about 24" wide. What a waste. Usint higher outline levels strings out the
'body text' paragraphs vertically in a very impractical way. It makes the the
column is so narrow as to be almost useless ~ only three or four words wide.
I have found no way of changing the column width! Neither page width or page
orientation helps this. Any suggestions?
--
dbuchanan