Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Nostalgia for the old UI

"Su Doku is a device for making intelligent people think they are not
wasting their time". Professor Joad

(Quote from The Times - Saturday)

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
: Puzzles don't count as games. They are tools to maintain your neural
: synapses. (At least that's the story I'm sticking with.)
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: Actually, I think I waste enough time working two sudoku puzzles a day
: (one
: from our local paper and the Newsweek one online); I really don't have
: time
: for games. g
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "ChrisM" wrote in message
: ...
: Ahhh, but for how much longer, now that she's going to be playing
: 'Planetfall'... and 'Zork'... and 'Hitchhikers'...
: and.........
:
: ;-D
:
: Chris.
:
: wrote in message ...
: Not possible. She's on here 24 hours (or should it be 25) than
: goodness!
:
: "ChrisM" wrote in message
: ...
: hehe, let's see if the number of posts from you goes down now...
:
: ;-)
:
: Chris.
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: Thanks for the link. I wonder if I can remember how to play
: Planetfall
: after
: all these years. g
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "ChrisM" wrote in message
: ...
:
: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/
:
: :-D
:
: ChrisM.
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: I was addicted to the old InfoCom text adventure games. I lost
: interest
: when
: games acquired graphics and required speed and eye-hand
: coordination
: play.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: wrote in message
: ...
: So did I
:
: "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in
: message
: .. .
: Then you don't upgrade. :-)
:
: And I liked DOS programs. Life was simpler then. sigh
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "David" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:35:57 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
: wrote:
:
: I agree with your co-worker up to a point. When technology
: advances
: the
: point where the program no longer functions properly, it's
: time
: upgrade.
: For example, DOS-based programs.
:
: The best advice I ever had was, "If it ai't broke...don't
fix
: it!"
: DOS
: based? Well that did need to be fixed. I have copies of 2000
&
: 2003,
: never use them., Even 97 will do much more than I'll ever
need
: do.
:
: David