Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vince vince is offline

Default Line spacing changes to double space

The problem just happened again.
I cut some text from a web page, I pasted it using Paste SpecialUnformatted
Text, and when I go to type after it, it is now double spaced.
When I highlight that newly double spaced area and go to FormatParagraph,
it does in fact show some odd results. Space Before and After show "Auto"
and Line Spacing shows "At Least 14.25".

I've confirmed that before the Paste Special, the Paragraph formatting was
Space Before/After "0" and single line spacing. Why would Pasting
Unformatted Text change those settings?

Thanks

"Vince" wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I generally do use Paste Special-Unformatted
Text, and I 've also used Paste Options-Keep Text Only, but I still
experience the behavior where it seems to default to double spacing, but does
not indicate it as such in Format-Paragraph, so I can't seem to change it
back to Single Spacing.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

"Vince" wrote in message
I often cut and paste text from the web to Word XP, and somehow in that
process the line spacing changes from single spacing to double, so that

when
I then add my own comment and hit the Enter key, I get two line spaces.

And
then it stays that way for the rest of the document. I find this quite
irritating, and if I go into Format/Paragraph it still shows it as single
space, so there is nothing I can do about it. If I highlight a portion of
the document (or the whole document) and go to Format/Paragraph/single
spacing, it still does not help the problem.

I know that when this happens I can do a Shift/Enter and get single

spacing
for just that line, but it is troublesome to remember to do that on every
line as I am working more on the document.

I also use WordPad quite a bit, and it happens there too.

If you have any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.