Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Non-breaking minus sign

You should be able to get character 2212 in both Times New Roman and Arial,
but I doubt that Alt+2212 will insert it. Either use the Insert | Symbol
dialog or type 2212 and press Alt+X.

"Amy" wrote in message
I have seen in some previous posts that character 2212 is a non-breaking
minus sign, but I can't get this to work. Are you supposed to type

ALT+2212?
When I do this all I get is a blank square (I tried using both Times New
Roman and Arial). The minus sign from the numeric keypad is not

non-breaking.
I know how to insert a non-breaking hyphen, but I would rather have a

minus
sign instead.
Thanks.