Default Format text in footer

This is true for ordinary documents, but it does not work in protected
documents.

"Leonard" wrote in message
I am puzzled here. I have used a REF field (bookmark text) inside a header
and the Ref field was updated once I did a PrintPreview or Print

operation.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if you're using form fields; REF fields in the header do

not
work in protected documents, but see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Madiha" wrote in message
Hi:
im trying to format text in the footer, so that when the user adds a

name
in one filed of the document, it pops up in the footer. However, word

does
not allow me to add a text field in the footer. How do i go about

changing
that?