Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MechEngr MechEngr is offline

Default blocked as spam

Thanks Peter. I am merging into plain text email from Word2003. I have
performed several tests with only two records in the distribution list, to
eliminate the possibility of being seen as €śsending too many emails€ť. The
receiving server seams to know the difference between being sent directly
from Outlook or from a Word merge to Outlook.

There must be some hidden text attached to the plain-text email that gives
it away.

MechEng

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I can't do the Word 2003 + Outlook 2007 combination that you are using here,
but sending from Word 2007 and Outlook 2007 /as an attachment) the source
code of the e-mail messages look identical (barring expected details such as
slightl differences in message ID etc. etc. ). i.e., they have the same
headers - there's nothing in there to indicate any significant difference to
a SPAM engine, unless they are somehow picking up on the fact that you are
sending a lot of them.

However, you could be merging to HTML format or plain text format, or
sending a rich text MIME format message that does not have an attachment, in
which case the two messages could look quite different to a SPAM trap
engine.

(FWIW, as far as I know, when you merge to email from Word, you Outlook
format settings have little or no influence over how the message is
formatted. That is not the case when you construct your message in Outlook).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"MechEngr" wrote in message
You missed the point of the question: An email sent directly from Outlook
(exactly same message, same mail server, same account) WILL be received by
the recipient (in this case, it is my work email), but when sent through
Outlook using the mail merge from MS Word, the message is sent, not
received.

Something about the merge process is tagging the email differently that if
sent directly from Outlook.

Thanks for you help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You cannot insist that e-mail messages you send to people are not treated
by
them as spam.
If the recipients are complaining about the omission then it is up to
them
to mark your sending address as safe.

MechEngr wrote:
I have the e-mail merge working from Word2003 and Outlook2007, but
some recipients are not getting the emails. I can see the email has
been sent (they are in the sent box) and if I "reply to all" and send
the email directly from Outlook, the recipients will receive the
email.

I have tried the test with as few as two email recipient merges and
the email still does not reach the intended recipients. I am sure
that the email is being filtered by the receiving server spam filters
when coming from the Word merge process, but not when sent directly
from Outlook.

Any thoughts or ways around this?