Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Can Word open where I left off, not at beginning of file?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Writing_Guy" wrote in message
Okay, so I tried the Sift-F5 thing. It doesn't work. I tried making

an edit,
saving, closing Word, reopening the file, and Shift-F5 does nothing.

If I
skip the closing Word part, Shift-F5 will take me to the last edit

point. Is
there another step, a setting somewhere, that I'm missing to get

Shift-F5 to
work on a freshly opened file?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

After you've opened the document, you can press Shift+F5 to go to

the
last edit point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Writing_Guy" wrote in message
news
I am revising a lengthy manuscript in Word 2003, and every time

open the
file, the cursor is set at the top of page 1. How can I get Word

remember
where the cursor was when the file was last saved and open the

file
at that
point rather than at the beginning of the file?