Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tkane06 tkane06 is offline

Default "correct spelling as you type" box problem

THANKS A MILLION, Herb! It was the "Data Key" and now seems to work great.
"correct spelling as you type" box stays checked when I open Word each time
now. I also shut down my PC where default printer is connected, and to which
my laptop is connected Wi-Fi, and the box remains checked when I open Word.
Thanks again,

Tom

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Did you look for "Data key" in that article?

In any event, for Word 2007 (aka Word 12) you're looking for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

Try renaming or deleting the Data key. Word will automatically rebuild it
the next time Word is started.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"tkane06" wrote in message

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

When settings don't take, it usually indicates registry corruption. I
would
try the steps shown here to see if they help in getting settings to stay
set, paying particular attention to deleting/renaming the Data key:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"tkane06" wrote in message
Why is it necessary to check this box EVERY time I open MS Word 2007?
Why
can't I check it once and have it remain checked for future sessions?
Same
thing happened in 2003 version. Thanks.

Tom

Thanks Herb, but
"Word opens very slowly; or crashes (or gives an error message) as soon as
it opens" is not the problem. I don't disagree it may be a registry
problem,
but I don't have a clue as to where to go to fix with RegEdit. Your link
didn't give me a clue. Can you be more specific.