Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Calculations in a mergefield.

Use

{ = { MERGEFIELD AnnualPremium } \ 12 }

Each pair of field delimiters must be inserted by using Ctrl+F9. To make
sure you get the { MERGEFIELD AnnualPremium } correct, you can insert the
field from the Insert Merge Fields pull down which will give you

AnnualPremium

Then when you press Alt+F9 to toggle the display of field codes, you will
see

{ MERGEFIELD AnnualPremium }

Select that and then press Ctrl+F9 and you will then get

{ { MERGEFIELD AnnualPremium } }

which you can then edit to give the construction first shown above.

You may also need to add a formatting switch.

{ = { MERGEFIELD AnnualPremium } \ 12 \# "$#,###.00" }

For more on formatting fields,

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a mergefield called AnnualPremium. How can i calculate the
MonthlyPremium from this. I've tried { =AnnualPremium/12 } but that
doesn't work. I haven't found any examples of how to do this on the
web but i'm sure there's an easy solution for how to do it. Thanks in
advance,

Daryl