Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveK

Default Making a Bar menu with Styles

Got it. I made a Style that included a tab to left justify the drink and
decimal tab for the price. Then with the Style I started formatting.

Problem solved.

"SteveK" wrote in message
Yesterday I posted a question about making a restaurant menu with Styles.
(thank very much for the clear answers).

Now I am on to the Bar menu. It is two columns of drinks with their
prices (in a sense four columns). So I've drawn two long vertical tables.
I am copying and pasting in the drinks and prices into the tables, one
line at a time. When I need to add tabs for the spacing of the prices to
the right of the drinks I am finding that the tab key doesn't push the
number characters. Instead it jumbs the cursor from the left table to the
right table, and then the next tab adds another table on the next page,
and another tab jumbs to the other table on the new page, and on and on.
(experimenting I tried Cntrl Tab and that does something wierd. It moves
the number over a set distance but drops the left most character with each
tab jumb.)

How do I add tabs to text to format it within a table?

STeveK

SteveK