Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jim Tortorelli Jim Tortorelli is offline

Default TOC dropping some heading levels

If I go to format page number, and I want to include the heading number, I
can only choose from the 9 basic heading levels. Headings based on new
styles based on, in this case, Heading 1, do not appear as choices. So, yes,
the styles are real, but they are not available as options in the page
numbering. That is why I was using levels 6-9 for the appendix. I could
assign the letter associated with the appendix heading, level 6, with the
page number and it changed in each appendix and the letter showed up in the
TOC.

I'll reassign the formatting and numbering on the numbered headings so the
four I want in the TOC are the highest four.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
There's nothing 'unreal' about heading styles based on other heading
styles.