Catchaotica Catchaotica is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I just encountered this problem at work found a solution. All you have to do is check your header/footer settings and make sure that Different even/odd pages is unchecked. It is a bug that Microsoft needs to fix. I also don't know if it happens only sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon[_2_] View Post
I have a section break (next page) at the end of my TOC, but before my
contents. For some reason a blank page w/o headers/footers is being inserted
after the end of my TOC section. This blank page isn't showing up in any
view, except print preview for some reason. Current the page # for the last
TOC page is 5, while the first page of the contents is page 7. I can't see
this invisible page 6.

5 [TOC, last page] === section break (next page) ===
6 [blank page]
7 [Contents, first page]

The first paragraph of page 7 has a "Heading 1" style, which is set to "Page
Break Before". I have used this option in other places in the document, but
it doesn't create this invisible page in those cases. I even removed this
formatting option, and it's still creating the extra blank page.

Any idea what's causing the extra page?

Thanks.