Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default I lose formatting when I change the print settings

Hi ?B?QQ==?=,

I started off a document in a "fax" print setting because I hadn't changed
the default printer yet. This setting compressed the document into about 57
pages or so. However, when I changed the printer settings so I could print
to my attached printer, the formatting changed and my document expanded to 61
pages. Is there any way to reprint a document in that original "fax" format
so it remains compressed?

You'd probably have to adjust the margins, change the font size, or change the
line spacing.

The fax print driver apparently interprets the Word document differently than
your "real" printer. This is a known factor with Word documents: each printer
driver tends to interpret spacing a bit differently, which can affect where
lines and pages break.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org