Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Can I prevent a table cell in Word 2002 from expanding?

Set the height of the row to an exact figure.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dfisher" wrote in message
I have a table in Word 2002. I have inserted a text form field in a cell
and
limited the # of characters. However, whenever the return key is pressed
another line is added and moves the remaining document down. I would like
lock the size of the table cell to prevent this. I have protected the
document for forms and limited the # of characters in the cell and
unchecked
text wrapping but can't seem to prevent the wrapping regardless of the
number
of characters typed. Thanks.