Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default AddressLayout not working

I was hoping that your answer would have resolved this problem which has
been taxing me also, however it doesn't - at least not all of the time. It
seems to work only for some addresses? Until I can get a handle on what the
problem might be I have been recommending the use of a macro to grab the
address from Outlook and format it as required. This is covered at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and is featured in the envelope
templates that can be downloaded from my web site, which do work in Word
2007.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
In the QuickParts/Building Blocks organiser, have you put the
AddressLayout entry in the AutoText Gallery. That seems to do the
trick here, assuming you are using the Address Book function (which I
had to put in the QAT).
Peter Jamieson

"ander163" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I have a Quick Parts entry defined for AddressLayout,
just like
I've been using for years in Word 2003. However, the Insert Address
function
from Outlook contacts, to insert a single address into a Word
document, does
not follow this format until after I insert the AddressLayout quick
part into
the document then delete it. Until I do that extra step, I only get
the default addresss block - without the Company and with the
Country. Any help
would be appreciated.