Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default misspelled word not flagged

Is there a time when Word will stop spell/grammar checking in a document? If
so, under what circumstances?

I came across a 1 page Word document I did not author. Under my Tools
Options Ignore words in Uppercase is NOT selected. So, Word should flag
Uppercase typos. Yet, when I open the 1 page file, I can see plain as day a
misspelled word that is in all caps that W97 is NOT flagging with the red
wavy underline. The paragraph style that is associated with the word is set
to use US English. When I select the misspelled word and press F7, Word
suggests the correct word spelling and indicates in the dialogue box that US
English is the dictionary the word is set to. Thereafter, I do get the red
wavy underlining for the word.

I act as quality control for our team. Please advise if there is something I
need to be aware of.