Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default index tab dividers

You have misunderstood. Even non-label Avery products (note cards,
postcards, business cards, Ready Index products, etc.) are set up as
"labels" (i.e., tables) and listed in the Label Options dialog of Tools |
Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels.

If what you have is an Avery or comparable product that is designed to be
printed on a desktop printer, then either there will be a "label" definition
for it in Word or you should have instructions in the product for creating
one (or at least for structuring a document/template to print on them). If
not, it may be that the product is designed to be used with a typewriter or
copier or filled out by hand.

"Mona Webb" wrote in message
news
I do not want to use labels. I want to print directly on the tab itself
rom
the printer. any other ideas?
--
Mona Webb

"Mona Webb" wrote:

I am trying to print on index tab dividers 1-25. Does anyone know of a
downloadable template or an easy way to print these? I have tried
tables.
Not very user friendly.
--
Mona Webb