Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts

Default Mail Merge

That's why I emphasized "should." I can't imagine why it wouldn't work,
since each letter should replicate the section layout of the mail merge main
document.

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

Not unsurprisingly, I've tried this. On both Word 2000 and 2003. Both

times,
it didn't work.

Also tried HP 5200 and 8150 printers - same problem.

NEIL

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Assuming this is a Letter-type merge, if you set the appropriate paper
trays
for "First page" and "Other pages" in the mail merge main document, you
*should* get the correct results in the merged document since each
"letter"
is a separate section, and the paper tray assignments are per-section.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to print a two page MM document, the first on letterhead and the
second on plain. When I merge, the printer prints the first page on
letterhead and then all other pages on plain, it seeing pages 3,5,7 etc
as
other pages, not first pages.

How can I get round this?

Apart fromt he obvious - print all page 1s first then all page 2s and

sit
there all day mnually inserting!

Cheers,

NEIL