Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default How Come?

You've probably seen the following article befo...

While there may be some other workaround for this problem, I suggest you
e-mail and ask that they fix this, saying that from
your perspective,
a. all you are trying to do is use a simple data source
b. all that SQL command stuff is something Microsoft does internally and
perhaps if that is the way they insist on doing it, they could hide it from
you more effectively, not least because you never actually asked their
software to "run an SQL command"
c. could they please fix it so that you can do what you want without facing
the kind of barrage of questions you usually only face when asking about
software, trying to leave/enter the country, or at a supermarket checkout
(sorry, I'm rambling:-))

Peter Jamieson
"Michael Koerner" wrote in message
Using Office 2003 all patches. I run a mailmerge using Excel as the data
source, and was wondering why every time I open my merge document I
receive
the following message:

Opening this document will run the following SQL command:
SELECT * FROM `NominalRoll$`
Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

When I select yes I still have to go looking for the NominalRoll.xls file
You would think that once you did an initial merge it would remember where
the file was located.

--

Regards
Michael Koerner