Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

Default Page Setup Paper Source only tray option no letterhead, prepri

Maybe I am not being clear.

I have updated the printer driver. On the printer I have associated
Letterhead with Tray 3 and Preprinted with Tray 2.

When I open a document in Word 2003, I click on the file menu, then the Page
Setup option, click on the Paper tab and then try to set the Paper Source.
It used to be I would be able to pick Letterhead or Preprinted on either the
First Page or Other page. Now I only have the Tray1, Tray2 or Tray3 options.

I can when printing the document go into the Printer Properties and pick
Preprinted or Letterhead but that becomes the default for the next document
which might require a different form and then must be reset again. As it
was, I just needed to associate a Word Document with a type of media and
wherever I pointed the trays on the printer it would follow.

I would like to get the option back for each particular document.

Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

These come from the printer driver. Unless you have "forms" specified for
specific trays, you won't see this information.

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source

only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?