mikeo

Puzzled on this as my document aready has 'Different odd and even', (I assume
you are talking about 'Layout' - 'Headers & Footers' here), and has 'Mirror
Margins' set.
Still, in two page preview, previews page 1,3,5, etc. on the left and 2,4,6
etc. on the right. My document is 322 pages and viewing like a book was
helpful as certain pages needed to be left and right to ensure continuation
of content.

Inserting a tempory page break at the start of the document just dropped in
a blank first page and hence moved page 1 across. It didn't change the page
numbering - it might do if I update TOC or Index, but haven't done that so
still maintained original numbering.
Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Inserting a temporary page break is cheating and will throw your numbering
off. Much better to enable "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins."

"mikeo" wrote in message
Found an answer in the search forum that I didn't see before. Seems to

work.
Haven't tried Suzanne's solution.
Cheers
Mike

Insert a temporary page break before page 1

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a

paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"apic" wrote in message

I have a Word document which I intend to print double sided and bind
into a 'book'. How can I persuade Print Preview showing Multiple Pages
(1x2) to show my document page layout as it will appear in my book, ie
page 2 on the left & page 3 on the right etc rather than the default of
page 1 on the left & page 2 on the right etc.

--
apic

Word will do this if you enable "Mirror margins" (Margins tab) and/or
"Different odd and even" (Layout tab) in Page Setup.

so
all may benefit.

"apic" wrote in message

I have a Word document which I intend to print double sided and bind
into a 'book'. How can I persuade Print Preview showing Multiple Pages
(1x2) to show my document page layout as it will appear in my book, ie
page 2 on the left & page 3 on the right etc rather than the default of
page 1 on the left & page 2 on the right etc.

--
apic

"mikeo" wrote:

In View 'Print Layout' - Zoom 'Two Pages' - how do I select the view so

that
the odd numbered pages are on the right and the even numbered pages are

on
the left and not the other way round. i.e. view just like a book.