Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Find Option

Instead of closing the Find dialog while all instances are highlighted, just
click the title bar of the document window to return focus to the document.
You can then perform whatever action you ended to perform on the selected
text. You can drag the Find window out of the way if necessary.

If you actually want to apply Highlight to the found text (note that
"Highlight" in the dialog just means "select"), then you can use Format |
Highlight in the Replace dialog instead, or you can use the Highlight button
after you've found and "highlighted" the text.

"KM" wrote in message
I used the Find option to locate specific words in my document and then I
used the Highlight all Option. When I closed out of the Find dialog box,
the
highlighted words disappeared. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Or
should the words stay highlighted?

Thanks,

Karen