Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default page numbering in Word 2007 won't work on merged file

Hi Joel,

This would certainly occur if the mailmerge main document was had its layout formatted with the 'different first page' setting and
you hadn't inserted a page # field on the second page.

--
Cheers
macropod

"joel10000" wrote in message ...
I am using a merged Word file to create a directory, but I can't get Word
2007 to number the pages. Each page has 9 records merged from an Excel file
data. It numbers the first page, but then nothing appears on subsequent
pages. I am using both label and table templates to format the page that the
data will be merged to. I tried entering the page numbering both before and
after the merge, but neither will work.