Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ArthurN ArthurN is offline

Default Hard carriage returns

Saving doc as a plain text files does preserves line breaks, unfortunately it
ignores those with pictures (and not picture/text wrapping works for that)
I'm not at all strong at VBA, but may be I could write some macro that would
walk from the beginning of the file, inserting manual line breaks, ignoring
those with usual breaks (^p), until it hits the end of the file.

That's what the macro builder records when I press end and shift+enter for
the manual break
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine
Selection.TypeText Text:=Chr(11)

But I have no idea how to do the rest...
Regards,
ArthurN