Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pmburrow

Default inserting text from the results of a dropdown box

Can anyone please point me in the direction that I should be going?
I'm using Word 2002. At the beginning of my document I have a form
that when completed fills in the contact information that is required
for a letter and a contract.

I have a drop down box which list several different plans. I would like
to have specific text inserted inside the contract based on the choice
in the dropdown box.

I'm not sure that if the following is correct, but I have tried using
Mail Merge, and placed my data in an excel spreadsheet. I have my
"choice" listed as the column header, with my text located inside
the following cell.

I'm still having problems tying it to the results of the dropdown
box.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Phillip