Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Using WORD on another computer

In general, if this is a retail copy (full version or upgrade), you are
licensed to install it on one desktop and one laptop, assumed not to be used
simultaneously. If your original copy of Word/Office was OEM and you've been
upgrading continuously (buying an upgrade edition rather than the full
retail edition), then presumably the license is still an OEM license, which
doesn't allow installation on another machine (but given the length of time
you've been using Word, it's unlikely that you're still using the same
computer you started with). Also, given the length of time you've been using
Word, I assume it's not a question of Home and Student edition or the like.

So the answer is probably yes, but the only way to really find out is to
read the EULA. To do this in Word 2007, go to Office Button | Word Options |
Resources, click About and then "View the Microsoft Software License Terms."
The tiny window is not resizable, but you can print out the entire content
if you wish.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I am not a new user but do not know who else to ask; I have been using WORD
for roughly 18-20 years with the latest version 2007. I recently acquired
a laptop and would like to put WORD on it for when I travel or use it in
another location in my property. Do I need to buy a new WORD program or is
there another way of doing this?