Carylanna

Default extra space in header

I am working in an odd/even page setup in Word. In the header, the chapter
title and page number are followed by a single space. On the page where I
have inserted the endnotes (including a new section) there is an extra space
in the header. When I remove it, the single space on all the other even
headers is removed. I.e. leaving 1 space on the header in the endnotes page
and 0 spaces on the others. (The odd headers are unaffected.)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
-Carylanna

P.S.
I am having trouble accessing the regular Mircosoft Office Assistance pages
(script errors). They have a link to "I changed the header or footer for a
section, and all the other section headers or footers changed as well" which
I cannot follow.