If it's not in the header, it may be Behind Text in the document itself.
Click on the Select Objects tool (big white arrow) on the Drawing toolbar,
and you should be able to select it with that.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
If it's a header, you access it using VIEW - Header and Footer
If it's a watermark, use Format - Background - Printed Watermark

"Mary33N" wrote in message
In Word 2000, there is a document with what looks like a header on the

top
right. I can't double click into it and delete it. I've tried to

select
it
but cannot. It seems to be "stuck" inside the document as a watermark

of
some type, but I can't access it to get rid of it. Please advise what

this
is, and how to delete it from the page.