Graham Mayor

Your syntax is wrong - see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

TheMomBon wrote:
Hi,

I keep going around in circles on this one and would appreciate any
help. I am merging from an access data base. I have several fields
that need to be formatted as currency. I have no problem getting a
'$' as I can do that as standard text...the problem is comma's.

I Insert the field and it apprears on my display as {gift} -- I have
tried using the \#$###,###.00 as all the directions state to no
avail. I have put this command before {gift}; after {gift} and IN
gift {gift\#$###,###.00}. I have used an asterics after the slash...I
have tried doing ALT+9 and I get nothing (I have tried it in the
shell document and in the final). I hace gone into the query I am
using and selected properties on the 'gift' field and selected
currency. What am I doing wrong?