There is certainly no built-in way to do what you want in Word. I have
learned never to say something is impossible, but I think it would be very
difficult to achieve this effect in Word.

"ALBAN" wrote in message
I need to write a rather customized document that will contain three layer
footnotes.
To explain it better, here is what a sample text would look like:

(beginning of page)
In the same page 1) of the document I need a) to use three types *) of
footnotes.

1) this is the first layer of footnotes
a) this would be the second layer
*) and this is the third category of footnotes
(end of page)

I looked at footnote options and field options in MS Word but I can't find
any way how to do this in Word. Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
ALBAN