Doreen

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I meant. I more meant "how do I keep
someone from turning track changes back on after I've turned it off."

I'm thinking there's no way, but if anyone can think of something, I'd be
glad to hear it.

Doreen

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
Hi Doreen-

I believe that the only way to get Track Changes 'OFF' permanently is by
accepting/rejecting any changes that have been made since it was turned
'ON',
then turning it off and saving the file.

HTH |:)

"Doreen" wrote:

Is there a way in Word 2002 to permanently turn OFF tracked changes. I
understand that I can protect a document so they stay on, but I'd like a
way
to turn them off.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.