Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Remove Blank Line Above Tables

If you are creating a header, this should not impact the document body at
all. If you are inserting a heading, then don't you need to have a paragraph
to insert it in? If the issue is a table at the top of a page following a
page break, you can get around the blank paragraph Word inserts by applying
"Page break before" formatting to the first row of the table instead of
inserting a manual page break.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ray J" wrote in message

I created a bunch of tables in a Word 2007 file, text below the tables
are nice and snug with no gaps or extra lines. But when I try to
create a header or type above the table, a blank line is automatically
inserted between the top of the table and the text. How do I get rid
of this? I hit the Show Paragraphs, and nothing shows on the blank
line.

I just created a blank document, and the problem is not there? Will
the problem reappear at random?

--
Ray J