John Barnes

thanks for your reply , but first of all I always work with the paragraph
markers on and it makes NO difference ticking or unticking ANY of the boxes
in the PARAGRAPH menu under the lines and page breaks tab, Ticking the page
break before as you suggest will certianly have the opposite effect and will
never allow the tables to merge. Still its another WORD mystery its a real
pain as if I have split the tables previously then add more rows in one table
which overflows into the next page. Then it pushes down the page the heading
row one of the second table. You CANNOT then join these two split tables. One
has to add blank rows to the second table then cut and paste text into the
new rows. then cut and paste the heading row to the top of the new table and
delete the old heading row(the one pushed/displaced down the second page)
Finally deleting the old row that used to have the old heading which was the
fisrt row on the second table before it was pushed down by the overflowing
table on the previous page
"John Barnes" wrote:

Sometimes when one has a table on one page and another table on the next
page, it seems impossible to join the two tables together. This can happen
when one table overflows onto the next page even with the same table
properties.
--
John G. Barnes