Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Default Where are templates I've created?

Are your custom templates in a folder designated as your user templates
folder? as your workgroup templates folder? in a sub-folder? Or are they in
a different folder outside of those two folders?

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"UncleOli" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I store my templates in a custom folder on a separate drive.
have designated the drive and folder path under tools options file
locations (for both user templates and workgroup templates).

When I save a new template, I have no problem storing it in this folder,
as
it shows up as the default "Save in:" folder when I specify "Save as type:
Document Template (*.dot)".

However, when I try to create a new document from templates "On my
computer..." my custom templates are not among those listed. The shortcut
my custom template folder path) I have created in "C:\Documents and
Settings\[user]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates" does not seem to be
of
any help.

I would appreciate any suggestions that may be of help.

Oli
07.08.06 10.05 hst