Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default SQL errors in mail merge

Glad you got it sorted as I only just managed to get back to it...

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"projectmergeleader" wrote in
message ...
I've got it sorted. I just needed to create a seperate query and then join
the two.

Thanks,

"projectmergeleader" wrote:

SELECT [Address Table].address, Count(text_message_table.Message) AS
CountOfMessage, [Product Table].product_description, [Product
Table].price,
[Address Table].pay_sms, [Address Table].company_name
FROM [Product Table] INNER JOIN ([Address Table] LEFT JOIN
text_message_table ON [Address Table].client_id =
text_message_table.Client)
ON [Product Table].client_id = [Address Table].client_id
WHERE (((text_message_table.ReminderDue) Between [Enter start date in the
format DD/MM/YYYY] And [Enter end date in the format DD/MM/YYYY]))
GROUP BY [Address Table].address, [Product Table].product_description,
[Product Table].price, [Address Table].pay_sms, [Address
Table].company_name;

The join isnt actually the problem. I now have an outer join set up. The
problem is that the final table only contains entries for each address if
there exists a entry in the text_message_table between the date that are
entered. I need it to return all of the entries in the address table but
only
count the number of messages between the dates. So I think the problem is
in
the where clause.

Thanks,

"projectmergeleader" wrote:

Its the default language in microsoft access so im gusessing it is
Jet/access.

Thanks,

Steve

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I'll try to pick this up later or tomorrow, but which dialect of SQL
is
this? It looks like Jet/Access, but I'd like to be sure it's not
something
like Transact-SQL.

--
Peter Jamieson