Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default varying size of cells in a row

I know of no software that will display data in that way. At least not
without some manipulation. You could for example after entering the data in
column 3, split the cells in column 1 (and 2).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bird lover" wrote in message
I use three columns, ie. personal, office, todo. Information in cells
varies, anywhere from one to twenty lines. If I put twenty lines in column
3,
then column one expands proportionately which leaves lot of unnecessary
white
space and lengthens the table.

Is there a way in which the cell in a column will expand only to the
extent
I put data into that particular cell, while the size of the cell in rows
in
other adjacent columns remains the standard size.

If not capable in MSWord, can it be done in MSACCess. I don't know excel.