Jackie D

So it's not just me then?

Actually, I'm having a very frustrating day in Word. I wonder if you'd mind
me asking another couple of questions?

I'm still in the same template that I've been talking about except now I
have inserted tables into it. But when I print, the table text ends two
thirds of the way up the page (even though the paragraph continues on to the
footer to stay at the bottom of the page where I put it. Do you know what's
happening?

There's something peculiar going on with my margins as well: my left & right
margins are supposed to be 2.5 cm but they've printed with 2 cm on the left
and 5 cm on the right. Would it have anything to do with the fact that my
comments are being printed down the right-hand margin? Does Word 2003
automatically compensate and push the margins across?
--

Many thanks
JD

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I always work with NPC displayed, which takes some of the mystery out of the
situation, but it is still a puzzle (and annoyance) to me why Word insists
on inserting an extra paragraph even if you very carefully select the text
*without* the paragraph mark in one header/footer and very carefully paste
it *including* the paragraph mark in the other.

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne. That's exactly what I did.
--

Many thanks
JD

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Even though the Footer style may be based on the Header style, that

doesn't
guarantee that it's identical. Also, if you pasted text into the footer,

you
likely have an extra, empty paragraph. Display nonprinting characters to
help with troubleshooting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why, when I print a page, my footer is 1 cm bigger

than
my
header even though the footer is 'based on' the header (achieved in
stylesformatting) AND in page set up the measurements are set the

same:

top margin: 2.5 cm
bottom margin: 2.5 cm
Header: 1.25 cm