Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Albert

Default Convert text in Word to table or Excel

I have a word doc. The data appears to be in a table format, I think
seperated by spaces. I need to use this in Excel. I am not able to convert
text to table. Should I click on the "convert" tab in Word, the options of
"text to table" is not highighted. Is there any way that I can convert this
text to a table in Word, or directly convert from this to Excel. If I copy
directly to Excel, all data is left in one cell as oppose to many cells in
Excel. (The work I need converted is a bank statement sent to me in Word
format). Thanks - Albert