Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eeaanne

Default I need a program to break links

I need a program that will

1) From a selection of files, open each file and:
a) click on YES to update links to an excel file
b) print that file to the default printer
c) do EDIT LINKS, select all LINKS and BREAK LINKS
d) exit file and save results

basically I have 50 files that point to an excel file in another directory.
I'd love to automatically change the path name that the files point to, but
I've takent these links and reformatted them and because of that when I do
Alt-F9 it no longer shows the path name so I can't use FIND/REPLACE.

If someone can help me they'll be my new best friend!
Anne