Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default I need a program to break links

Anne:

To save you spending time on this I will tell you:

* You could write a macro to do this.

* For only 50 files, it will be quicker to do them by hand, one by one,
than to write the macro.

It will take you an hour to do it by hand; at least a day to write the
macro.

Cheers

On 31/3/06 1:20 AM, in article
, "eeaanne"
wrote:

I need a program that will

1) From a selection of files, open each file and:
a) click on YES to update links to an excel file
b) print that file to the default printer
c) do EDIT LINKS, select all LINKS and BREAK LINKS
d) exit file and save results

basically I have 50 files that point to an excel file in another directory.
I'd love to automatically change the path name that the files point to, but
I've takent these links and reformatted them and because of that when I do
Alt-F9 it no longer shows the path name so I can't use FIND/REPLACE.

If someone can help me they'll be my new best friend!
Anne

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410